How would you handle this?

Ok so my mom has a history of drug abuse, mainly meth. Anyway she knows I'm pregnant but I haven't told her when my c section is because I don't want her at the hospital because it would make the happiest day a day full of stress and anxiety. My grandma (my moms mom) and my little sister are mad at me and can't understand why I don't want her there. They are even saying that its a public place and I can't keep her out and I'm afraid they will tell her when it is and she will show up and my husband will blow his top. I don't want this to turn into the worst day ever. Anyway how would you handle this?

jazzysmommy1004

Asked by jazzysmommy1004 at 6:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell the nurses, you dont want her there, if she comes, I dont know how the hospitals are were you live, but here, anyone that the mother does not want there can not be there the nurses and Dr. have the athority to make them leave.
    Anonymous

• if she does show up, you can have the hospital staff remove her, if you don't want someone in your room visiting you, the hospital will respect your wishes and have that person removed.. you don't need the stress and most nurses understand that, it's their job to protect you and the baby while you're in the hospital
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I would ask that anyone who wants to invite her can stay gone too. I would also tell the security to not let her see me because yes its public but not to just anyone. or id have my husband tell the staff and if she shows up have him handle it.

theres no way im telling any faamily when i have my baby cus i dont want my mom their either
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Being a public place doesn't give them the right to think they can be there for the birth of YOUR baby. Just let them know who is allowed to visit or who is not. This is your decision and to bad if they don't like it. From what the history is I don't think I would have her there either.

Anonymous

• Its your baby and you have the right to feel the way you do. I would definitely let the hospital staff know who you want to visit and tell the staff that your mother has a history of abusing meth and that your worried about her coming high and causing issues. Sometimes when you tell them the specifics they will take a special interest in you and definitely make sure precautions are mandated. It is the happiest day of your life and you don't need anyone else ruining for you. Well, good luck and congradulations:)
    Proudmom_28

Answer by Proudmom_28 at 6:23 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I was in the same situation minus the c-section. I told my other family my feelings, and told them that although they did not like it, it was my decision, and they did not have to be there either if it was going to cause problems.

I ended up not calling my mom until 3 days after I got home from the hospital to tell her Kaylee had been born.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:41 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Honestly, I would tell your gma and sister to suck it and they would be allowed to come either if they were going to bring her against your wishes.
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You have the authority to ban people from the hospital. The only thing you must realize it that the ban means for every person unless you tell them the room that you are in and then they can just go to the room.
    This is the birth of your child and it should be the most precious moment of you and hubby's lives- so really who cares who is mad just do what your heart tells you.
    I can honestly say that I would not have my mom or any other person around me, my family or my children if they had this issue. It is their choice and not yours. Your job is to take care of yourself and to protect the child that you are having.
    Angelsb4me

Answer by Angelsb4me at 9:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Tell the hospital staff, and the rest of your family, its your day!!!
    edenmoseley

Answer by edenmoseley at 4:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2009