Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

child costudy and breastfeeding??

will the judge give me any priviledges if im breastfeeding, as an he cant take the baby, or not fot too long cause the baby has to eat? or will i be forced to pump or FF???( i hate going thru all this i should have left that idiot when he treated me like crap when i was pregnant)


Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • There is info to help you on the La Leche League website and on ANd if he treated you like crap when you wre pregnant, it's possible that you can have an order drawn up for ONLY supervised visitation with no overnights.

    Do you have a lawyer? GET ONE.

    Answer by gdiamante at 9:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • why would the baby be taken from you? are you a bad mother?

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • why would you lose the baby??

    Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 6:18 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • I think she means take as in take the baby for visitation, like for weekends and overnights. I don't know if they do or not. I don't think they can make you formula feed, but I guess they could say you need to pump breastmilk for him to take when he takes the baby. I really don't know though, and honestly, I'd ask the judge not to let him take the baby for visitations, and explain whatever your reasons are. At least then, regardless of what they tell you to do, you know you tried your best.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 6:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • They can't make you FF but there is nothing wrong with pumping either so he can have visitation. That may be brought up.


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • the child is not going to be taken away from me. im getting a divorce. but i dnt kno what is going to happen with his dad i dnt want the baby away from me too long because i exclusively breastfeed.


    Answer by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • he might have visitation rights (if he pays child support) but I dont think he can TAKE the baby. They make you give formula-at least I would hope not. I am not sure they casn make you pump but you might need a lawyer.

    If he treats you like crap there would be NO WAY IN HELL I would let him take the baby-he can visit the baby with you there but never unsupervised visits. An infant nurses every 2 hours so....I just dont see how he can care for the baby without you.

    Answer by Loa1002 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • Visitation and child support are exclusive of one another. You can not refuse court ordered visitation because you are not receiving child support.

    The court cannot make you formula feed. They can not make you pump. What would happen is the court will support the father's right to visitation. This means that if you don't pump milk to send with the baby, that the father will have to formula feed.

    The only avenue you might have is if the father refuses to give the baby your espressed breast milk. You can explain it to the court and hope that they will see it your way.

    Answer by casperskitty at 6:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • I know someone who was in this same situation. At least where I live the court said the father had every right to visitation and the mother could pump if she was that against FF. If the mother refused to send the pumped milk then the father would just feed the baby formula and there's nothing the mother could do about it. If the father is not fit to be alone with the baby thats one thing but if the mother is just using her breasts to get her way with visitation rights because she's mad at the ex the courts don't play that game. Like I said though if your concerned for you babies life make sure the courts understand that

    Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

  • You can't deny a father visitation because of breastfeeding. Get a pump and some bottles.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2009