My daughter will not let me go anywhere without her. she screams bloody murder when i walk out of a room and i. how do i brake her of the scream fits

If I'm not holding her or if I'm not in the room with her she cry and cry till i come back. it seems like she is always crying and i just don't know what to do any more she is to big to hold all the time. What should i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes my son did that as well. actually, it seems like he pulled those fits around 6 months, and again around 8 months. i found nothing that you can really do for it- games like peek-a-boo that help teach object permanence are said to help, so we did a lot of that. it's hard to deal with but *eventually* they'll start to understand that mommy doesn't leave forever every time, and they'll start to calm down about it.
    brighteyes07

Answer by brighteyes07 at 5:34 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Just talk to your child. Explain where you are going, and ask(if possible, if she starts screaming)if she would like to come too. Let her know where you are going, because she probably doesn't understand. How old is she anyway?
    babyloverami

Answer by babyloverami at 5:53 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I read that at certain stages of development a baby doesn't know when you leave out of the room that Your going to be right back. They think your going away forever.
    tellis

Answer by tellis at 7:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2008