He is not your father!

I figure i would beat someone to it lol. You know, like on mothers day we had all of those "you are not his mother" posts, i haven't seen any "you are not his father so why are you getting him a gift" post. It just sounds bitter and sad when some moms come on here and say that. So, i will have to ask if there are any moms out there who feel the same way about dads. Do you think that husbands deserve recognition or a gift from you on fathers day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree that fathers deserve the same recognition as mothers. I love days that I, as well as our kids, can show our appreciation for all he has done for us. I love my DH. Even though there I times I could throttle him, I still want him to realize that I respect him and all that he has done for us. I know that he works hard, and I don't give him all the appreciation that he deserves. One day a year doesn't cover it, but recognizing his work and his love for us is important to me.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 6:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• if their good dads yes.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• True.
    Anonymous

• ABSOLUTELY!! Why wouldn't they???? That confuses me. My husband and I aren't even together anymore and I am still going to get something for him for Father's Day. EVERY father deserves to be recognized IMHO.
    sheriskidmore

Answer by sheriskidmore at 6:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I think they do, but only the good ones like MommaBear said. My children are too young to get him anything so that's what I'm here for! =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• OP here......sheriskidmore....I completley agree with you. I have always done something special for my husband on fathers day. He is the father of my children and he deserves it.
    Anonymous

• This year I will do something for my SO, it's his first Father's Day, so it's special to him. However, I do believe that he is NOT my father, so it's NOT required that I do something for him. Therefore, he shouldn't expect it. It probably sounds bitchy, but it's the truth. I don't expect anything from him on mothers day because I'm not his mother, so it balances out.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• sure hes not my dad, but hes the father of my four year old and since shes still a little young to do it herself her and I go together and pick something out for him.
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Of course!
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 8:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I cant stand to see women saying things like that (ever notice they are usually the same ones who complain cuz their hubby didnt do something for them on mother's day?). No, he's not my dad, but he is the father of my children, and a very good one at that. My kids are 3, 1, and - 20 weeks (due in oct). So they are too little to do acknowledge it on their own. I love getting to spoil my hubby on Father's day and show him how much I appreciate the kind of father he is.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009