Is it possible to get pregnant while using depo???

Hello. My SO and I decided about 9 months ago that we were going to try to use Depo as our form of contraception. To us, using condoms was for teenagers that were not in a steady, stable relationship like ours. Well, I have been on it for 9 months now and not to be graphic, but with the exception of the first 2 months, I have been on my period ever since basically. Well about 3 weeks ago a 2 day light pink "period" and now I have completely stopped. I have been so exhausted that when I get home I immediately get in bed and I have headaches and nausea every day. Not to mention that I basically live in the bathroom, tho I still don't drink very much of anything during the day. The only reason I am wondering is because this is exactly how I was when I found out I was preggo with Hannah. I took a test but its neg. So my question is does anyone know of anyone that has become prggo while using depo? Is it even possible???

BriHan06

Asked by BriHan06 at 6:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No birth control is 100%. Yes people have gotten pregnant on depo.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yeah, I know. Its just everyone I know has told me about how they couldn't get preggo for years after using it. Its supposedly like 99.8 % or something... Wwhich is pretty good... Thats what makes it seems o far fetched...
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 6:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• its possible but i lost my period while was on depo
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If you are having sex, you can get pregnant. It doesn't matter if you are have had ur tubes tied and ur husband had a vasectomy. Nothing is 100% effective against getting pregnant except not having sex.
    Anonymous

• I know 3 or 4 people who got pregnant on Depo.

The person you have talked to probably became sterile, I have one friend that this happened to after using depo for an extended period of time, which is the reason I stopped using it.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• yes! it is possible, I was on it. I found out in october that i was pregnant. The first test i did was an at home test and it was negative (both were). a week later I took a test at a Pregnancy Center and it WAS positive. Soo yeah! Definatly POSSIBLE.
    mrsgreatlife

Answer by mrsgreatlife at 7:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009