is bed rest a proper answer?

i'm 20 weeks pregnant and my water broke on thursday ( 6/11), my dr. told me to stay on bed rest until i can see the specialist on tuesday. i seem to be doing ok, just a little cramping every couple hours. is there anything that can be done so that i can carry my baby until i can safely deliver? i've also heard that you can get your cervix sewn shut to prevent things like this happening, is it ture?

sekzkitten1104

Asked by sekzkitten1104 at 6:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes bed rest is the proper answer, unless you plan on having your baby sooner rather than later and having it go through all types of health problems and possibly dying.

No, sewing your cervix shut is not going to protect your baby. The amniotic fluid is there to do that, and since yours already broke, you need to lay in bed and do what your doctor said.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 6:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• uh sounds like you should be in the hospital on bed rest theres a very high risk of infection for you and the baby i wouldnt be at home
    Anonymous

• STAY IN BED. Your baby's life is in jeopardy. Do exactly what your doctor told you to do. Now is NOT the time to start doubting.
    Anonymous