Is a faint positive still a positive?

I'm not due for AF for a week, and I tested a have a noticable but faint faint line. Should I wait longer and retest or is that considered a + ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A positive is a positive no mater how faint.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 6:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• its positive, says right in the paperwork in the box it doesn't have to be a bold line.
    Anonymous

• well with some tests u can see a pos. line in some directions so i just get digital
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 7:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I got a faint positive the day I was supposed to have my period and I am pregnant. I think they're faint when you don't have very high pregnancy hormones yet.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 7:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well, this one has a line no matter how you look at it. But like I said, its faint. IDK.
    Anonymous

• It was a positive for me when I pregnant with Hannah... It was very faint too... lol
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yeah if there is even a hint of that line then it's probably positive. With my oldest son I took an EPT and the line to make the plus sign was very, very faint. 2 days later I took a test at the doctor's office and there was no doubt I will pregnant!
    nvillon25

Answer by nvillon25 at 8:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Not always, but more often than not it is. Try taking a digital, they are alot easier when you want/need to know for sure.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 8:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Thank You. I will go buy a digital tomorrow =)
    Anonymous

• If it has a colorful tinge to it, such as blue or pink (whatever color shows up on that particular test) then it is def. a positive. If it has a grayish tinge to is, then it may just be an evap line. I think a congrats is in order!
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 9:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009