What is this??? (Not being gross or anything)

Not trying to sound nasty but the other day i felt a small bump in the fold of my inner thigh near my private areas. At first I thought it was a pimple and tried to burst it but i couldnt. Its realy hard and i can grab onto it. It doesnt hurt or anything and ive never felt it before. I dont have any insurance and im realy trying to get it but they keep telling me i make too much money (i work at freaking mcdonalds!!!!) Im realy scared. Pleeze help!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Health

• It may be a wart of some kind or a skin tag. It can also still be a pimple thats not ready to be popped. Or however unlikely an ingrown hair(although I believe those hurt)
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 8:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I had an ingrown hair in that area. I didn't know what it was just looked like a red colored bump. I went into the doc's to find out what it was and she grabbed  tweezers and pulled out a 1 inch hair. It really sounds like your describing the same thing.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 8:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My hubby had a really hard knot on the back of his thigh, and it turned out to be an ingrown hair that got really infected. That might be what it is.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 8:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It could also be what is call mollusca contagious (spelling is not accurate).  These are small painless bumps, that look  a lot like pimples that are skin colored and hard, that can appear on the inner thighs and genitals.  They do not usually go away on their own and are impossible to pop.  You can be contracted them from dirty toilet seats and sexual partners.  they are very  easy to get rid of using silver nitrate, but your OBGYN has to do this for you, so if you don't have insurance it can be pricey.  I would check it out.  Genital warts look more like skin colored cauliflower and are also painless and very hard to rupture.  these are very also easy to treat with laser therapy, also expensive.  If you notice anymore of these bumps I would get it checked out.

missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I found the spelling

Molluscum Contagiosum
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• It may be a boil. Do you wear shorts or thongs...a lot. I wear shorts, when I do I get a boil...they eventually need to be sqeeze...it's hard to squeeze them too!
    heathertilton08

Answer by heathertilton08 at 1:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009