Birthcontrol

I hear lots of women say that Abortion is used as BC - Which I agree with. I also hear lots of women say if you don't want to get pregnant don't have sex... Well, here's the problem.

As a married woman it's not always that easy do just not have sex. I give in at least once a month just because we are both "in need."

But I DO NOT WANT more children. I'm not really crazy about the fact that I have 2 already.

So, use protection you would think, but on a small budget that's almost impossable. The pills were gonna cost us almost $300 a month and then I run the risk of hemoraging again ( I did the last time I took them), I was told that I am to young to get a diaphram and the spounges we use are $16 for 3 now. Condoms should be great but my hubby has "issues" and they don't work well for us. We were using condoms when I got pregnant with both my kids.

So, what else is there?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• -- And before you start in on the "Condoms Work" speach... We have tried many brands. The nomal size ones have acutally cut off the circulation and his **** fell asleep... The large ones fall off because he isn't always able to keep his stiffy because of his meds...

Are there other options that are affordable?

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Natural Family Planning works better then them all when used correctly.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• What the hell is that??

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• planned parenthood provides low-cost birth control and i'm sure has a ton of resources on low cost bc, the pharmacy will give you plan b OTC for when you think you may have had an "accident"
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I agree Planned Parenthood or other local resources could help. Can you put a call into your OB and also insurance to see what is covered? I don't understand why the diaphram isn't an option? Too young? Never heard of that. Maybe you just need to say, "Hey, get me one, I can't afford other options!" Good luck,
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 8:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• why not have your honey get fixed?

My SO and I have already talked about it, and after we have our next child (in a year or so) and decide for sure we do not want a 3rd one, he will be getting snipped because neither of us see the point in me being on BC for the rest of my life. It will be much easier once he is shooting blanks, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 8:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have 2 kids and I now use the IUD mirena. I love it. the begining was a bit tough because you bleed lightly for a month or so untill your uterine linning dries up. Then after that, no more menstral cycle. Sometimes my SO can feel it, but it isn't an issue. It last 3 years too! NO pills, no preperation, no nothing! and it is virtually impossible to get pregnant. Ask your doctor about it. My insurance covered it, but if yours does not it can cost $500. But its good for 3 years so it is cheaper than the pill in the long run. plus the hormone does is sooo low that I didn't have any side effects like I did with the various pills I have tried. Good luck
    missv66

Answer by missv66 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Natural family planning is always an option, and I know many catholics who have used it without fail. I have never been allowed on hormonal birth control because of a heart condition, and I have used it as well. You chart, and learn when you are fertile. The book Taking Charge of Your Fertility is an awesome reference.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Nuvaring works great for me there's also IUD's and the deposhot. I would talk with your doctor about what is your best option health wise. It is ok to use BC because God says Temperance in ALL things. HAve as many kids as you can provide for. Then stop, but don't stop having sex. Sex is one of the "jobs" if you wanna put it that way spouse's have to one another. Cause if you abstain then what's gonna happen you will burn with desire and then g out and find the physicalness you need. This goes for both of you. So don't think you cna't have sex because the bible cleary states do it lol. It is a gift to be enjoyed so enjoy it :)
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 8:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't believe in IUD's in my mind they are abortion. I have no insurance and the OBGYN isn't on the plan I do have. We don't have a PP here. I wanted to have my tubes done when my baby was born cause I didn't want that to ever happen again. And they told me they couldn't do that because all the hospital's here are "catholic" hospitals. I would have to go to a "clinic" and have it done and I had to wait 6 months to heal from birth before they would talk to me. Then I lost my insurance...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009