? for those with work-at-home jobs, doing telecommunicating

I have an interest in a job I saw on craigslist, listed in my town. it is basically a debt collecting agency. they have a website and it seems legit (they arent listed on the better business bureau website, but they are local and I have contacted the ceo through email to ask questions...). well I assume most of my work would be online-based (the job opening is for homebound work), however they require me to be available for phone calls. I have a 14 month old. share your story: if you work in a similar field, how you do it with a infant/toddler in the home. do they disrupt you when you're working? how do the hours work or is it just based on how many calls or emails you have to do per day or week? the company I may apply for pays by commision and bonuses...

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 9:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a 4 year old and a 4 week old. My 4 year old does sometimes interrupt, but I can put on a movie for him and he will watch that while I make my calls. The 4 week old sleeps a ton, so I try to work my calls around when he's sleeping or at night. It is possible, you just have to figure out what works with you best. My suggestion is naptimes and bedtimes.

www.freedomathometeam.com/clanders
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• you could sell mary kay. i love it. i get to spend time with my 3 year old but still make money. it is also recession proof. message me if your interested.
    dani263

Answer by dani263 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I work out of my home and the company requires that if you have a child under 10 you have to find a babysitter for the child.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 8:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Work at home...and spend more time with your children!

It's commsion based, but I tellecommute, its awesome.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 3:31 PM on Jun. 16, 2009