Selective Vaccinating....

How do you choose the vaccines you give your children and why? I've read so much on the pros and cons and was wondering of the ones given, which ones do you NOT give them and why?

Softwater

Asked by Softwater at 9:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Here's the crappy part.....they need most of the vaccines to get into school. And even if you homeschool them, they will need them for college some day. Or if they will want to participate in any activities, such as sports and after school programs like that. Pretty free country we live in right?
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• We skipped the vaccines for diseases that a kid with a normal, healthy immune system can handle, like chickenpox and rotovirus.
    We delayed until first birthday, with single dose preservative free vaccines; we ablsolutely read the inserts before allowing the shots to be given.
    Every state has an exemption process

Answer by rkoloms at 9:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• you do not need vaccines for school. There are exemptions. All states have them.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my child got every vaccine available...he is almost 6 months and doing fine, however there is always a possibility of a reaction. google the available vaccines, and also look into your family history and find out about allergies and diseases within your family as well as the babys fathers family.
    MEIGHANJ

Answer by MEIGHANJ at 10:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Thank you everyone...you were all helpful.
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 9:03 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• There are pros and cons to every single possible issue...the only bad thing linked with these shots are a possible reaction. There was talk of being linked to Autism but that is not true. I even talked to a professor at my school whose friend is on the research board for this and they have found nothing linked to it.
    Starzgurl4

Answer by Starzgurl4 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 16, 2009

• Thanks, I just have read so much about the weird stuff in them and all the stuff but both of my boys have had all of theirs and they are fine so i am not too woried but curious...
    Softwater

Answer by Softwater at 10:47 AM on Jun. 16, 2009