My son keeps taking off his diaper and playing in his poop

He's 23 months. I can't start potty training just yet cause he can't tell me if he has to go. He is a little slow on the talking.

j.weisser

Asked by j.weisser at 9:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• put a onsie over the diaper? Can he unsnap snaps? or shorts...
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• put him on the toilet every hour....that's what my gramma does when she watches the babies, and when we were all babies. talk to him about peeing and pooping, expressing what it feels like so he can start to recognize the sensation. good luck
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 9:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't think 23 months is too early to PT, talking or not. Babies understand concepts even if they can't talk. You can give PTing a try, it won't hurt to try.

Other than that, all you can really do is keep pants on him and tell him no no when you catch him. At least I don't know of anything else.

Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My son is almost 24 months and does the same thing and I have tried everything! He knows what the potty is but wont use it he just sits there. He also is slow on his motor skills but is getting better (he has 2 older sisters which may be why hes not talking much). Here are some things I have tried. Duck tape worked for a few days lol, Also put pj pants on and then a onsie on over the pants and snap it. It all worked for a few days but he was able to bust out of the tape and pj's. My son does this all through out the day and it's so gross! My friend just gave me a really great idea if your son is doing this at night like mine, get a one piece pj set and put it on backwards lol not sure if it will work but well worth the try. Hope this helps good luck to the both of us!
    LisaKayDaniels

Answer by LisaKayDaniels at 12:25 AM on Jun. 22, 2009