Can I carry a baby full term?

When I was 15 I got pregnant and my mom ended up making me get an abortion. Well the doctors lied as said my blood was A+. Well three years later I am married and trying to have a baby. The problem is I have had two miscarriages and its because I am O-. I am guessing my body sensitized itself to the RH factor and my pregnancies don't last longer than 12 weeks. I have gotten shots with both pregnancies after I lost them. I need to know now if any of you women got "sensitized" and were still able to carry a baby to term. Anything will help. I have even talked to my doctor and he said the RH factor thing will not cause miscarraiges but I don't believe him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I would maybe ask your doctor about your Progesterone levels - ask him to order lab work to have them checked.

What is your husbands Rh factor? Generally it will only cause problems in pregnancy if he is has "+" and you have "-"
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Ask you Dr to do some other testing like the MTHFR. It is a clotting disorder. It is very treatable and easy to fix, but most drs. dont normally test for it. There are a few others, but i can not think of them at this time. you can look them up online. You should also ask your dr to do hormone level checks on you regularly when you get pregnant.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 9:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am negative and he is positive
    Anonymous

• I'm Rh negative and my daughter is Rh postive. I didn't carry her full term but it had nothing to do with the RH factor. I had pre-eclampsia so I was induced but she is happy and healthy now. They usually don't do the shot until 28 wks anyway so if that was a problem they would give it earlier in the pregnancy. There might be a problem if they didn't give it to you after the abortion but I'm not sure. There are all sorts of reasons people miscarry. I agree with the pp's. Have your hormone levels checked.

Dh is positive and I am negative, my dd was born positive and my ds was born negative. Good luck!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009