• In the Spotlight:

water breaking...

i was told that your water can break like at the top, and leak out little by little which freaked me out. if this happens, will i be able to tell? im nervous about it. i was told it is rare, but still. i was also told that it will be like you are peeing your pants, just in very small amounts. true? btw i was due yesterday, so its not like too early or any of that.

itsbree2you

Asked by itsbree2you at 9:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will be able to tell. I found this out the hard way. I was told that either you will have a gush or a slow trickle. Once your water breaks with every contraction more fluid will come out. I was not told this and every time I had a contraction I flet as though I peed my pants. So even if your sac ruptures at the top you will continue to feel wetness with every contraction. Hope that helps alittle.
    melliesmom1207

Answer by melliesmom1207 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• that actually helps alot! i am at the point right now where i dont even know what a contraction feels like, even though i am 2 cm so im assuming ive had to of have a couple and didnt realize it or something, but i am going to keep what you said in mind. thank you very much!
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 9:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009