Ed, Edd and Eddy?

Okay so My mother has these Rude obnoxious friends whom I loathe. Well My Little sister & 2 little nieces were watching Ed, Edd & Eddy on Cartoon Network when this woman decides to show up. She walked in with her 2 kids (14 & 12) When she proceeded to say her kids werent allowed in if we were going to keep watching this show because "it's the work of the devil" & "Her kids don't watch satanic evil cartoons" At this point im getting really mad. She doesnt need to speak that way in front of my family. So as not to cause trouble we went into one of the rooms to watch it. When her daughter,14 knocked on the door and asked my lil sis to go outside with her. when she declined that woman had the nerve to say she was being rude! My Mother knew I would about to tell that freak off when my Mom said she had places to be and they left. Do people really think that childrens cartoon is evil and satanic?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 9:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally think this family is a walking freak show!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 9:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I've found that most people who condemn something - tv show, book, movie, whatever - as being "evil" or "satanic" do so without ever bothering to read or watch or listen to whatever it is they are condemning. They just take it on the word of someone else - who 99% of the time hasn't read, watched or listened to the "offensive" thing either.

But yes, there is no shortage of misinformed sheep who believe things they know nothing about can be evil just because someone told them it was. I have more respect for someone who will say they don't like the crude humor or language, that at least indicates if they haven't checked it out, they've at least read up on it.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I absolutely HATE Ed, Edd, and Eddy...JMO. I don't think it is the work of the devil or anything like that, but I just do not like the cartoon. I used to watch Ren & Stimpy when I was growing up. And that cartoon looking back was about as moronic as Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Sorry, but I do think that your mother's friend is out of line, and has no business coming to your house and telling you and your siblings what you "should not" be watching, It was definitely not her business.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Imo it's not evil it's just not good. I mean these boys on that show are weird lol. One is dumb for the most part, one is smart and the conciense BUT goes with what the ppl say anyways. And then there is one who is trying to get ppl to give him his money and steals and lies. I mean they
    usually get tharted at the end and everything is ok but the actions leading up to it arent that great. But some people are convicted of the tv being a bad thing I mean t is bad stewardship but other then that as long as it doens't rule your life it's just entertainment.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 9:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I love that show but haven't seen it in ages. I was just going to post a similar question though because my family thinks I let my children watch "evil" cartoons as well. Like Scooby Doo?!? IT's just stupidity! I mean if you watch the old time cartoons they were much worse but it wasn't as obvious. I mean have you ever actually seen a Betty Boop cartoon?? Come on... Or the old Popie (sp) ones where they are fighting over Olive Oil and the strongest wins, and if that doesn't work out she just goes with the other one?? Come on... There is even one where Bluto ties her to a rock to "make her his" Are you kidding me? Yet it's Ed, Edd & Eddy or Scooby or God forbid Spounge bob that we get torn apart for letting our kids watch... PLEASE!?! Crazy Damn People!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I think that the worst cartoons for kids are Boobah and Tellitubbies. What educational value do those cartoons offer. NONE IN MY OPINION. I've watched them a few times and they are just weird...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am so happy we've outgrown Boobah. The kid won't even play on the website anymore because it's "for babies." Teletubbies didn't bother me so much, since the little live action bits usually served a purpose. Boobah always felt like you weren't supposed to watch unless you'd dropped acid first. Sid and Marty Kroft had nothing on those guys.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• ya know, i had a little girl in a summer camp tell me she wasnt allowed to watch that show for the same reason!

i dont know why ppl think they need to make you feel like crap b/c they think somethings bad. i see it on here everyday and i just dont get it! what makes someone think they are so much better than another that the whole world should revolve around them like that?! some ppl just need to be slapped! and COME ON! a 14 & 12 year old cant watch a cartoon?! those kids are going to FREAK when they get out of that bubble, ive seen it enough times to know haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I would have told her that you don't feel the same way, and not to talk about such things in front of my children.. that if she wants to discuss it, you can go together in another room..
    most women will drop it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• well yes they do, I used to not think so until I really sat and looked at the behavior theyre putting in front of our children.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009