Is it okay to let my one year old drink V8 Fusion. He loves it! I do dilute it though.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• sure! i would just keep it to 4 ounces a day and under.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 9:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't see why not...That juice is full of vegetables and fruits right?? Does it have added sugar??
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 9:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Of coarse it's ok.

Answer by louise2 at 9:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Of course!
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I see it as a good way for my son to get some more veggies. He also loves regular V-8 juice. But it is recommened that you only give kids 1 serving of juice a day because it is high in sugar. (and V-8 is high in salt. I try to give him the reduced salt)
    AJmamma

Answer by AJmamma at 9:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• The American Assn. of Pediatrics recommends pesticide-free produce for children under six. The Environmental Working Group publishes a guide to pesicides in produce. You can find it at www.ewg.org

Answer by rkoloms at 10:34 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I give my 11 month old son V-8 fusion. It is 100% juice with no added sugar. I mix it with half water. Just dont be duped into getting V8 Splash (it is only 10% juice)....
    I think it is one of the healthiest juices I can give him. (he usually gets about 4 oz. per week.)
    I also got those homemade popsicle ice cube trays from walmart for like $2 and do 1/2 V8 Fusion and 1/2 water in those as well. Works great and he loves a few licks before he gets tired of it. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 10:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• As long as he hasn't had a reaction to it already it should be fine. My son got a rash and the dr said it was probably for the juice
    edenmoseley

Answer by edenmoseley at 4:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2009