breastfeeding issue... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORMULA?

nursed my DD yesterday and today just fine until her 4pm feeding. she ate last at 2:30. Anyways she nursed for 5min. we were at an openhouse and i nursed privatly in a bedroom at 4. Anyways, she kept pulling off me and crying as she nursed. so after 5min she was upset and i tried again and she cried harder. so i got her calmed down and she was ok. we drove 45min back home. then at 7:30 she did the same thing only refused to latch on. got more upset at every position i tried to the point of her screaming. then she calmed down and was hungry still. so i tried again after a bit and all over again. at 8:15 i made her a bottle and she drank 6oz. nothing in my diet changed, no pop exc.. she is 3 mons. now what? i wont let her go hungry and wait for her to eat. dont like to hear her cry. what could it be and what do i do?

daisy6878

Asked by daisy6878 at 9:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could have been anything, upset belly, teething (yes it can happen that early)...anything.

don't give up. If anything, if you want her to have your breast milk only, try pumping instead of giving formula.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 9:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• She might have an ear infection.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• i really dont like to pump.
    daisy6878

Answer by daisy6878 at 9:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• She could be at her first growth spurt and is getting fussy for more ..now! Supplementing will harm your supply. Try taking her clothes off it will encourage her to latch on. Whenever my DD was fussy at the boob I would sing to her....it always calmed her.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 9:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Welcome to the three month growth spurt...where she repeats the things that made you crazy in the first six weeks.

It's also possible she's teething, and that will make her very unpleasant. (Remember, "unpleasant" is the factory default setting for infants!)

Stop by the breastfeeding moms board for more help...this forum is lousy for trhe kind of back and forth needed for troubleshooting.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• take her to her dr and see what kind of formula would be best but make sure she eats.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 10:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my son started that at about 4 or 5 months due to teething...my guess is its not you.....its a belly ache or teething or some other source of discomfort..try a little baby tylenol(talk to your doctor about dosage) and then feed her.
    MEIGHANJ

Answer by MEIGHANJ at 10:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• also taking all of her clothes off is another great idea to try and get her to latch
    MEIGHANJ

Answer by MEIGHANJ at 10:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my daughter is 4 months now and just about a month ago...she was doing the same thing. Most of the time I think she was tired but i think she was going through a growth spurt. It was really frustrating when she refused to latch on...Just hang in there. Now that she is 4 months....she's been really good and playing well....no more fussiness!
    julee82

Answer by julee82 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• by the way...what worked for me was putting her in the car seat and rocking it...she fell asleep like that...
    julee82

Answer by julee82 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009