What time should a 6 year go to bed in the summer?

During the school year, I have him in bed by 8:00.

werhardt

Asked by werhardt at 10:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My kids went to bed at the same time all year long. Including weekends. They were in bed at 9 pm..Of coarse there were those nights we were at friends or families house late. except then they were in bed 9pm.

So I say to you put them in bed at 8pm..You need your you time to..Ever in the summer

Answer by louise2 at 10:09 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Kids behave better when on a schedule that dosnt change, except for the very rare occasion. Try it, you'll see.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Its up to you hun thats your call.....There are times if the kids are being good i let them stay up pretty late with me and watch Tv......
    Xjmommi

Answer by Xjmommi at 11:20 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Ours is sticking to his schedule. Bedtime at 8 every night but Fridays, when bedtime is 8:30.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• We did bedtime at 8 during the school year and 8:30 during the summer when he was six. This past school year he got extended to bedtime 8:30 during the school year and 9:00 during the summer. We will probably keep it that way until he is about 10 or so.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:48 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• during school year my girls are all in bed between 7-7:30.

summer they get to stay up a bit later so around 8-8:30

they're 8, almost 6, and almost 3
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009