Has anyone else heard of/believe in cell memory?

So, for those who do not know what it is, cell memory is what happens when a soul reincarnates and "remembers' things from past lives. Deformities, birth marks, and fears/phobia's can all be attributed to it.
So, what do you ladies think?
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 10:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• O.K. never heard of it, don't believe in past lives.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 10:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't quite think about past lives - I just can't buy into it. I am not opposed to people who do believe it. Just can't quite personally grab a hold of it. I do think that we have a form of cell memory that gets passed down through DNA. The idea that we contain physical memories at some micro level of all those who came before us. Some innate sense of knowing that was the result of generations of ancestors who came before us. The idea that our body or cells can remember even when we personally have not experienced something before. It is an interesting thing. We do know that now, even when we have no memory of an event, that our body can remember the trauma - our cells physically remember. So a person can dissociate during a rape, not remember, but when getting a message or running in the gym her body remembers and she begins to panic for what she thinks is no reason. It is truly amazing what our cells know.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• From an atheistic point of view (I don't believe in past lives) I think it has something to do with your cells keeping records of things that have happened in the past throughout your family history...and even throughout evolution. Supposedly you can "see" these kinds of things easier with psychedelic drugs :) Not sure if I believe it or not...I've only read one point-of-view on it.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• it sounds logical, within the bounds of reincarnation...i don't believe in reincarnation, tho.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I accept the possiblity of "cell memory" in our bodies as science understands it - that a single cell in our brain can remember things. But the idea that somehow that memory is transferred from one body to another body during reincarnation makes no sense to me - especially if the people are unrelated. Exactly how is the "cell memory" suppose to be transported from one person to the next? How are the memories stored?
    eringobrough

Answer by eringobrough at 12:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I experience it, so I guess I have to believe in it. I have memories and distinct fears from things that happened in past lives. As I work through the memories and regress I'm understanding it more and more.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I believe that we bring memories from our past lives--otherwise, what would be the point of living those lives if you don't remember what you learn? I have several OCD compulsions that have nothing to do with anything that has happened to me in THIS life but that stem from a death in a previous one. I also remember two of my previous lives and the deaths associated with them. A woman may not understand why she has SUCH a dread of fountains and statues in this life that she can't go anywhere NEAR them--unless of course she knows that she drowned in a fountain--surrounded by statues--in a previous life! Cell memory often materializes in dreams, where we dream of places that we've never been in this life and of lives that we've don't remember living.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:15 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• TeamQuinn--looking at your picture I see that you were the matriarch of a large family in ancient Greece. I remember seeing a wildlife program once that said that elephants have "generational memory". The females will be able to lead the herd to water NOT because THEY know where it is, but because their grandmother knew!! Perhaps that's what MCG was talking about! LOL
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't know much about it, it is very interesting though!
    Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 2:47 PM on Jun. 15, 2009