Best Sippy Cup?

What are the best sippy cups out there for a 1 year old? I have the Playtex that I like and then I have the Nuby with the valves that I do not care so much for. Which sippy cup out there has the best quality?

wyattsmommy626

Asked by wyattsmommy626 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sigg

Answer by rkoloms at 10:32 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I like the new playtex insulated cup, but the spouts are harder and my dd is 19 mo. I think they recommend thos for 18 mo and up. When my dd was 1 we used the nuby sippys which worked great until she figured out how to bend the spout and get water/milk/juice all over the place. Otherwise they do have playtex sippy's with a softer spout that i used as well. I really like the new playtex insulated cups that snap when you close them. I tried finding a sippy that would work for her so I wouldn't have to keep "upgrading" but now I just had to buy more. I would buy maybe 2 or 4 and then plan on getting new ones at a later date.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I love these Gerber Fun Grips color changing sippy cups. They last forever! I have one that my sister used for her youngest who is now five. Meaning it has seen four years of constant use and is still going strong. They do not tip over and are easy to clean and the valve lasts for a long time. I have three kids and have used a lot of different types and brands of sippy cups. These are the best hands down!
    Photobucket
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:11 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I should say that my babies started using them as their second sippy cup. I bought the soft nipple ones when they were learning and switched at about 11 months to these cups.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• PLAYTEX AND GERBER MAKE THE BEST ONES ....THEY COST MORE THAN THE NUBY ONES BUT THEY ARE WELL WORTH THE EXTRA CASH! MY DD HAS HAD THEY SAME ONES FOR OVER A YEAR!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:29 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I LOVE playtex... My son used all the stages, its the only one I found that didnt leak.
    My niece choked on a piece of a nuby
    edenmoseley

Answer by edenmoseley at 4:53 AM on Jun. 15, 2009