• In the Spotlight:

Should I be upset?

Yesterday I asked my husband if we could send our son to my friend's house for the night and tomorrow can we spend today together with it being just me and him for once. I wanted one full day where we weren't at his friends house and no one was over here and it was just me and him. So last night, our 10 month old went to my friends house (he got spoiled) and we stayed up until 8 am this morning just watching shows on Hulu. Well today, his friends came down and invited us over and just because his friends fiance says we can come down there and not be bored. I said I was enjoying myself and earlier, he said this was better. I still had plans for tonight and he just blew it off like it was nothing. Now our son is back and we wont be able to do anything. It hurts so bad because I have only asked for this one time in the last 8 months. What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Be very specific next time you ask, and tell him that a friends invite to something that soounds "fun" is NOT going to happen. When he promises that it will be just the two of you, make him stick to his promise. Be specific so next time there will be NO misunderstanding
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I would show him how pissed off I am..No sex, no cooked meals,,no clean laundry for him.

Answer by louise2 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I did tell him exactly what I meant. That he wasn't allowed to go over to his friends house or accept an invite from them because we had plans already. What happened today made me feel like I'm... boring I guess. Like I'm not enough fun to be around. I wanted to dance with him tonight something we have never done. I honestly never ask him for this, like I said, this is the first time I have asked in eight months. I even put aside my fidgeting to do this. (I'm the type of person that if I am watching a movie, I constantly move and I have to have something to do with my hands). We have been together a few years and married since last January and I rarely ask him to give up his friends except for once in a blue moon. I feel like i go blown off for them, like I'm not as important. I was having a good day until this and now I feel like my confidence is shot down in the hole.
    Anonymous

• You ditched your child and spent the night watching Hulu and you wonder why he'd rather go to his friends house?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• A. There was no need to be rude. B. That's what we wanted to do, he enjoyed it more. C. We had other things planned for the next afternoon. D. I did not ditch my child as you so rudely put it. My husband and I made a decision to let him stay the night with someone who is constantly begging to keep him for a night and someone that he adores so we could spend some time together for the first time SINCE HE WAS BORN!!! I went for eight months without asking him to give up one single day to be with me and only me since we were always around people and we always had to work. I got fed up and said we are spending time together and that's that. What you do on your date night is your choice. We chose to watch knightrider and chat between episodes and commercial breaks. It was enjoyable to both of us.
    Anonymous