Emergency room visits....

Ok so I have two boys. Who are always into something. I have a 4 yr old, 2 almost 3, and 16 months. We have head bangers, stitches, Drinking varies things,( perfume, steam cleaner liquid, hand sanitizer, and probably something else) eating Suppository Laxatives, and various other little things. All scary at the time but now were like we're so using this as blackmail when they start dating.. What have your kids done to get in the E.R.? Little stuff now I have a very sensitive heart for babies. NO DEATH STORIES PLEASE!!!!!!!

honeychick772

Asked by honeychick772 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Nothing yet but I have a cousin who, when he was little, fell off the exact same spot on the exact same porch and busted the exact same spot on his head open for 3 summers in a row. After the 3rd summer he wasn't allowed on that porch anymore...
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 10:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• putting aside the issue of why these items are in your home, why are they somewhere you child can get at them?

Answer by rkoloms at 10:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• when danger boy was 4 he jumped off a dresser with a pencil. he ended up getting 8 stitches in his chin. when he was 5 he broke his foot jumping off the jungle gym at school. about 7ish he got in our dogs face while she was sleeping & ended up getting 10 stitches in his eyebrow.
    whew.....not done yet.
    around 8 he was playing out on the swing set while everyone was around him. he fell off went thud & broke his arm with my husband & BIL standing right there.
    broke the same arm 18 months later falling off the top of the shed. that one resulted in an ambulance ride .
    head injury from bmx biking, broke his foot skate boarding , more stitches. he's 16 going on 17.
    i swear they knew us by just our faces at the er. LOL.
    my girls have only gone for sprained ankles or severe sore throats.
    justjacki

Answer by justjacki at 10:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My DD a few months ago SMASHED her finger in our glass door! OUCH. She ended up getting 2 stitches to stitch the nail on until the new one started to grow back. I can not stand to see a child get hurt...Especially my own.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My son broke his arm on that 2 wheeled skateboard The Wave. That's pretty much it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I paid attention to where and what my kids were all the time and to what they were doing when they were small. I didnt have any of those things happen because I made sure to keep ALL drugs and such things locked and well out of their reach. I never parked my kids in front of the TV and a barney video, or a game system. I also didnt stand for my kids trying to bully me into getting their way and I never let them bang their heads. Disciplin ruled in my home as it did in my parents home. Kids who are raised properly and taught disciplin, morals and manners grow up to have kids and raise them properly as well.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have 4 kids (3 girls that are 9, 6 1/2 and 3 and a son that is 7 1/2). So far we've had 3 trips to the ER and 1 to Urgent care. 1 ER visit was for a high fever when my oldest was 11 months. 2nd ER visit was for my son when he was 2 and I accidentally dislocated his elbow (always grab above the elbow please). 3rd ER trip was for my oldest when she was 3 and was complaining of a blinding headache and acting really disoriented. And our urgent care visit was in April with my 6yo daughter who cut her foot on a piece of glass in our yard (no stitches or anything).
    Other then that all injuries have been taken care of at home and we've had doozies...cut ear, concussions, my 3yo fell down the stairs and banged her face all up when she was 2, my son had an infected toe. My kids have a lot of freedom yet they don't get all that hurt. I've seen kids that are watched like hawks get hurt more then my kids do.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Wow, I guess VBRUNO is a better mom then all of you stupid women that have had to take their kid to the ER. VBRUNO cover up! Your ugly side is showing.
    Anonymous

• Anon Well said. VBRUNO. GEt over yourself. No one is perfect. and though there's only 8 answers so far. Only 2 of you think that you're high and mighty with no kid boo boo's.. Which is not a truly believable story... As for rkoloms... Perfume is is just about everyone's home who wants to smell good. steam cleaner solution is in everybodys house that has a steam cleaner. And by the way was locked up it just so happened my,at the time 2 yr old, was smarter than the dumbass who makes child saftey locks, as for the suppositories my mom was visiting had them in the floor and I did not know about it. And to anyone who wants to know suppositories aren't that bad the doc and poison cntrl said keep hydrated worst case he poops for a few hours to 24.. AND FURTHER MORE FOR ANY ASSHOLE WHO SAYS THAT THEIR KIDS NEVER BUMPED THEIR HEAD ESPECIALLY DUE TO YOU HAVING STRONG DISCIPLINE IS A FUCKTARD!
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Oh yea. For the moms who answered honestly this far I love you guys.. I'm glad to know that there are other moms who struggle with their boys and girls at times and are willing to admit it. TO REAL MOMS!!! YEA US!!
    honeychick772

Answer by honeychick772 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 14, 2009