would you let your 8 yr old watch family guy?

mine does

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If my kids were not adults? NO WAY!! That show is geared for ADULTS not kids!! Like the Simpson's and South Park, the content is WAY to mature for little kids much less teens. That's just my opinion anyways. And you did ask for it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well..it is one of mine and my hubby's favorite shows. I dont see alot of harm in it. Growing up, my dad and I watched The Simpsons, Futurama, King of the Hill, and then as I got older, i started to like Family Guy. And I turned out just fine. No felonies, I never once got suspended from school, and my grades were great! Alot of parents worry about the influence and stuff, but if you enforce right from wrong, like every parent should, then you have nothing to worry about. If you do your job as a parent, the right way, then your child will be fine watching anything. Your child wont see anything on TV that he wont witness in school...just guide them in the right direction.
    BrittanyShay

Answer by BrittanyShay at 10:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I don't even let DH watch it! lol Not that he'd want to, he says it's stupid. My son...who is 24..never liked it either.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• And plus..it's adult humor...they wont even understand it for the most part...
    BrittanyShay

• My son can handle watching anything without copying or repeating what he's seen. I have let him watch the Simpsons since he was 4.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 10:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• we let our 3 yr olds watch it
    shivasgirl

Answer by shivasgirl at 10:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Nooooooo. No way. There are many things I would NOT want my kid repeating.
    guitarlove

Answer by guitarlove at 10:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Nope.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 10:58 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My husband lets the kids watch it (only certain episodes...it comes on at like 6:30pm here). I don't particularly care for them watching it but whatever. They grew up watching the Simpsons, though. They've seen almost every episode and loved the movie.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:01 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• no
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 11:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2009