Do you feed you child fast food?

And by that i mean: Mcdonalds, burger King, Wendy's, KFC, anything that has a drive thru. Do you feed them happy Meals, or anything like that? Do you agree or disagree with parents who feed their kids fast food? My son is almost 2, and i do feed him happy meals every once and awhile.(If you answer this and want to state your childs age, it would be more interesting)

BrittanyShay

Asked by BrittanyShay at 10:44 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• MY SON IS A YEAR AND 5 MONTHS AND I'LL BUY HIM LIKE A CHEESEBURGER OR A 4 PIECE NUGGETS...NEVER A WHOLE HAPPY MEAL..BUT TO ANSWER UR QUESTION..I THINK IS OK..AS LONG AS U DONT MAKE IT A HABIT..ONCE IN A BLUE MOON IS OK
    Anonymous

• Maybe once a year? But not the national chains, just cheddar fries from a local place (we don't eat meat).

Answer by rkoloms at 10:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Very, very rarely. My DD is 3. I usually feed her healthy...but at McDonalds I will get the 4 piece nuggets, with apple dippers, and a white 2%milk. I see nothing wrong with it on occasion. It is the mother's who feed their children fast food 3-4 times a week though that I do disagree with.
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• We do from time to time. Most anything with moderation is fine. ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yes, I do feed my dd fast food every so often. She is 19 mos and we rarely eat out because it gets so expensive. But when we do, I get her a plain cheeseburger or chicken nuggets from either mcdonalds or burger king. I used to get her apple slices instead of fries but she'd try to eat all mine and wouldn't eat hers. If I get a salad from there, she wants to eat that instead. So we end up switching. Otherwise, i take her to subway and get her turkey (i'm HIGHLY allergic to turkey) which she LOVES and it's healthier for her than a burger I figure. But sometimes I just can't help but stopping by getting her something like a burger because dd apts or whatever.
    And by rarely I mean twice a month at burger king or mcdonalds. Subway is twice a month as well.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My children are 2 and 1, we have fast food very rarely. Maybe once every other month, if that. I don't think it's wrong sparingly. My MIL used to take my hubby and his siblings to McDonald's after Sunday School & Church every week if they were good. And I used to go to Dairy Queen with my mom, her parents and my brother a couple weekends each month as a family tradition. I see nothing wrong in that.
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 11:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yes I do. My kids are 7 and 4. They have been eating fast food since they were 2. I'll admit that I used to feed them fast food once a week sometimes twice a week. They eat healthy all the rest of the time. I feel anything in moderation is fine. It got to the point that they were wanting that instead of eating at home (they would ask to go out to lunch) so we stopped. We cut back to once a week and now we haven't been in almost a month. It was just so convenient that it was easier than making them a lunch and taking it with us. Now I just make sure I get home before lunch or leave after lunch. If I know it's going to be an all day thing I will make them a lunch. I know it tastes good but their health is more important than something that is convienent and tastes good.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 11:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• MY DD IS 2 1/2 AND I RARLEY LET HER EAT FAST FOOD....EVERY NOW AND THEN LIKE ONCE A MONTH SHE GETS A HAPPY MEAL OR SUBWAY , I JUST GET HER THE TURKEY AND PUT EVERY SINGLE VEGGIE ON IT AND SHE USUALLY JUST EATS THE VEGGIES,AT MC DONALDS SHE ONLY EATS THE FRIES AND PICKS AT THE NUGGETS!

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• 5 and 6 and yes, very rarely we'll go to McDonald's and get the happy meal. It tastes good so I tried it one day to get them to eat red meat. We hit Taco Time too but that's my husband's fault. Again, very rarely by that I mean every six months.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• my 20 month old son has had 1 french fry from mcdonalds, DH gave it to him.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2009