i hear all of you talking about opk's what are they?

I'm trying to conceive and really want to know how to tell sooner than ept .the suspense is killing me waiting..

Neveah458

Asked by Neveah458 at 10:51 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• OPK is just short for 'ovulation prediction kits'
    thinline

Answer by thinline at 11:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• ok im not judging you at all.... im just curious. i know its not really any of my business either... but are you sure you want to have another baby???
    i mean you already have 4 and they keep you really really busy. you work two jobs already. and you have only been dating this guy for a few months. you divorce was just finalized.... right?
    i mean you have all that on your profile and in your journal post.
    so hey you put it all out there for anyone to know.....................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• OUCH Anon!!!! That was a sharp bite... Hey girl, if you can afford it and you are ready then no one should be judging you. As long as you love your kids and do whatever it takes to keep them happy and healthy and thats all that matters.
    As for waiting for the ept... There really isnt any other way unless you maybe go to the emergency room and have them do some blood tests or maybe a sonogram, but even then if its before your missed it might be too early. Good luck!
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ok, 1st..I kinda figured that's what that meant but I was just making sure thanks for the answer.!2nd.. I'm not really worried about what anyone thinks of me, I got over that along time ago with what my ex has put me thru over the last 10 yrs.. I only work 2 jobs to save to buy a house, all the money from the part time day job goes straight to the bank, the FT job 3 nights a week pays the bills and my mother's bills (she quit her nursing job after 16 yrs at the same place back in august and started just watching my kids in Dec.,she's in no hurry to return to work, loves being a FT grandma) just fine with no struggles but I'm ready for a house of my own after the house that was bought and paid for burnt 2 years ago. The only reason both jobs suck right now is because of summer break,before it was during school hours.
    Neveah458

Answer by Neveah458 at 4:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• And last, my ex and I have been seperated for almost 2 and half years with him dragging the divorce out. We were barely together any of the other times because either friends,drugs or other women were more important..I have been with my boyfriend for over a year(that's where the several months comes into to play..journal post) and am very happy with him.. Granted I struggle with all my kids health and learning probs, what moms don't have some sort of struggle? But I do believe I can handle another 1, it's what i want and can afford it, I'm a nurse so I make good money the 2nd job isn't a must,but appreciate your concern.. My boyfriend is wonderful and great with my kids and has none of his own, so we have talked about it but haven't technically started trying just not doing anything to prevent it anymore either.I appreciate all of your concerns and the people who are routing for me..Thanks to all. : )
    Neveah458

Answer by Neveah458 at 4:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009