Is olive oil good as a hand moisturizer?

I accidently dropped a little on my hand, so I just rubbed it in, and now my hands feel soo good.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Yes, coconut oil is better. We used them as baby soap and skin lotion the first year of my daughter's life

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Definitely great for the skin. Want some EXTRA moisture.....rub it on before bed and wear some gloves (old winter gloves or microfiber if you can get them) You'll wake with velvet hands....or feet if you rub it on your feet and wear some old socks!
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 12:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• use utter cream .. its better for dry skin
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• yes, olive oil is because it's a natural moisturizer and protein conditioner. You can tell it's a good moisturizer, because if you take regular olive oil, and put it in a pan with heat, and you see steam...that lets you know that there are water vapors (moisture) with in it. The oil locks it in your skin.

I have eczema, so it's the only thing that works for my skin.
    alize_26

Answer by alize_26 at 8:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2009

• yes. it is the best and healthiest. its great for skin and hair. and great for babies as it has no toxins
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 17, 2009