What can I use to make my long hair soft and shiny?

I just had two babies in 3 years and my hair is really showing it. It is limp, dry, and hard to comb. I still take my prenatal vitamins, I drink water all day long, and I have tried so many different products, and my hair still doesn't feel healthy. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• garnier nutrisse makes a hair mask. its a deep conditioner, once a week shampoo your hair first in the shower then put that on, put a shower cap on over it to keep it from rinsing out. leave it in your hair for about 30 mins (i get out of the shower do lotion etc...than rinse it out) you're hair will feel a little greasy b/c some of the mask will still be in it so the next morning just shampoo and condition it like normal and the rest of the mask comes out. it took me about a 2 months of doing that once a week, and now i only have to do it once a month for my hair to still be soft and look healthy. also try not to blow dry it, shower at night and let it dry over night if you don't want wet hair during the day, blow drying it makes it drier
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Have you tried Mane & Tail shampoo? It really is for horses' manes and tails before shows! You can find it at your local Farmer's Co-op, or probably at Tractor Supply. It isn't cheap (it comes in a huge bottle), but it's amazing for long hair. My hair used to be waist length, and I never had a split end thanks to this stuff. I used it 2-3 times a week, and I had really thick shiny hair. (It was long ago donated to Locks of Love!)
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• You need a hair cut. You need to cut off all the dead hair and then start getting it trimmed every 6 to 8 weeks to keep it soft.. Using any and all hair products in the world won't help unless you cut off the damaged hair.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 2:09 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i love Nexxus Humectress.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Get bio silk. I just got some because my hair is long and has dried out. It really works.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 7:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I like Regis Designline Cashmier products. It makes your hair so soft and touchable, it's insane. That and Pure Results (Regis Designline) because it's not made with anything artificial, it's not tested on animals, and it's good for clients with allergies.
    alize_26

Answer by alize_26 at 8:10 PM on Jun. 16, 2009