mom with kids meet a guy who wants me to meet his kids "Is it to soon"

singal mom met a new guy a few weeks ago and he wants me to meet his kids and I dont know if we should or not just yet. I have two sons under 7years old and they have never meet any man I was ever interested in before; this is really my first time trying dating after having kids. I was with my kids dad for almost 8 yrs before we ended it.singal now for 9 monthsI dont know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• i would wait a few months personally but i'm not a single mom either. my worry would be that the kids would get attached to him, or his kids get attached to you, and something not work out.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:17 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• If he's comfortable with you meeting his kids, i think that means he's comforable enough with you, or that he can picture you long term. But let him know how you feel.

If it was me, I'd tell him i want to make sure the relationship was going to last for a while before bringing the kids into it. I'd hate for kids to get attached just for a person to leave.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I would definitely wait a little longer. You guys should get to each other better first, before you start trying to get to know each other's children. JMO
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I am a single mom and have been here....WAIT!! Its just that beginning stage where it is so exciting and everything can be pushed too quickly...its hard believe me but its for the best wait until you two know each other better and are BOTH sure this will be a long term thing!!
    ormom1977

Answer by ormom1977 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2009