how to induce labor naturally

my doc has me sceduled for induction june 30 but i dont what that med for it, how can i try to induce ot naturally, i been walking alot, and sex hurts so other seggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• nipple stimulation, a spoon full of castor oil, swimming, doing leg lundges and everything else I have read says sex!!! I know you say it hurts but maybe if you don't think about the pain even if it's 5 min a day anything should help right!
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 11:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You don't necessarily have to actually have sex for it to work. We were trying it and the stimulation of my clitoris seemed to be enough because my water broke during foreplay. And my husband didn't rupture it. Either have your husband massage your clitoris or you can do it yourself. It may not work for you, but it did for me.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:19 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• DON'T use castor oil.
    my doctor told me DO NOT take it, it makes you poop a lot, which can cause too many contractions/too strong of contractions and baby can get stressed out and have a bowel movement inside of you, which is not good.

Stick with the natural things like sex, nipple stimulation, warm baths.
    If sex hurts, there are other ways to have an orgasm.
    Good luck!
    CamiiiCompasion

Answer by CamiiiCompasion at 12:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree with avoiding Castor Oil.

Walk lots! And relax by doing some conscious deep breathing exercises (inhale 3 counts, exhale 3 counts). Try some gentle prenatal yoga (squatting really helped me).

When I went over my due date and was threatened with being induced at a hospital (we planned a home birth), my midwife approved doing acupressure to move things along.

This is what we used: http://www.naturallyinducelabor.com/guide

48 hours later, I was holding our daughter!

Stick with natural, non-invasive techniques. Avoid ingesting anything (oils, herbs, foods, etc).

Good luck!
    cfavreau

Answer by cfavreau at 9:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• if you don't want to be induced, just say no, or don't show up for it. the baby will come when he/she is ready. they can't make you be induced.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009