How can i get my kids to stop fighting?

i have a 8 year old and she always wants to be the one to make all the choices for her and her sister. Her sister is 4 years old and she is always hitting and throwing things at my other daughter. my 8 year old does not see her dad but my 4 year old does and her dad and new step mom are trying to buy her i think because now im getting to the point were i cant take her to the store because she wants to buy every thing i tell her no and she throughs a fit. then she tells me "if i was at my daddys he would buy it" witch makes me feel bad. what could i do to get this to stop?

kitty1309

Asked by kitty1309 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have two boys the same ages and all they do is fight. I have no idea how to fix it, but I can tell you that you are not alone. I am so sorry you are going through this!! If you do come up with a good answer, I would love to hear it.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:50 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Can you talk to the ex about his spoiling her? It isn't right for him to spoil her all weekend then bring her back to you where she has to rejoin the real world.

Talk to him about alternative ways to spend time with her. He coud take her to a movie, or to the zoo, or a museum instead of buying things for her. Then you can have a more peaceful time shopping.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• r they buying things for the 4 year old or the 8 year old and i would let them know that u have rules and i kind of know how u feel i have rules at home with my daughter and son my husband and i agree what we do at home sticks and when we let them go to there grandma's on their dad's side she lets my daugther which is 20months old she lets her do just about anything she wants she gives her junk food before dinner and tells me that i need to cut her off snack so much well at home she don't get any snacks 3 or 4 hours before dinner and the only snacks at home she really gets anymore is fruit or goldfish and she wants her to eat good when she is there and i tell her no snacks and she will eat and she likes just about anything u give her to eat. and they 2nd child is 9 weeks old and i tell her not to hold him all the time b/c then i can't get anything done at home and she laughes at me and says well that sounds like ur problem
    chrisbabygurl

Answer by chrisbabygurl at 12:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009