need some diff burping techniques

my little man will not burp after he eats, he wakes up an hour or so later w/horrible gas that takes him about 45 mins to get rid of. have tried changing formula, changing bottles, and gas drops nothing helps him. have tried burping: over shoulder, sitting up, laying on his tummy, rubbing his tummy, bopping him up and down a bit on my knees then burping him, stopping feeding in the middle to burp, nothing he'll maybe burp once a day after a feeding. its really painful for him and i'm exhausted b/c he wakes up so much at night w/the gas...so any mommys who had this problem any tips? my daughter would burp like a man 5 or 6 times after each and every feeding so it was never an issue.

vabchmommy

Asked by vabchmommy at 11:25 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• did you try holding him face down on your arm?? like hold his chin with your hand && just let his body rest on your forearm && pat his back with your other hand. Or you can give him Malicon *sp* drops, my son went through so much of that stuff when he was a baby && it's not harmful to them. He burped but still had really bad gas pains all the time.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• My son was a bit like that too. We switched to dr. browne's bottles which were amazing for us but I also put him belly down across my knees and tried for burps (and spitup) that way. I would just keep trying for the burp and bicycle his legs and push them up to his stomach too. Tough one, good luck.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• No advice on the burping, but have you tried Mylicon for the gas? Its a life saver!

I do hope you get some advice.....i hate hearing babys cry when we dont know how to stop the hurt!
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• oh I just read your question again && saw where you said you tried the gas drops, sorry. Idk then that's what worked for my son..
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 11:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• try sitting with your legs flat in a chair lay him on his tummy almost out to your knees supporting his head and pat and rub up from his butt to his neck. see if that helps. (GOOD LUCK) i hope it gets better
    LA09TKP

Answer by LA09TKP at 11:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Try sitting him up on your lap, leaning him forward just a bit, and rubbing up from his lower back to his shoulder blades. Don't rub downward, just up. This will coax the gas bubbles up from his tummy.
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 11:49 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• with my lil guy sometimes i have to sit him up on my nee and rub his back and that usually works and have u tryed giving him gas drops before each bottle so by time he eats they are working they say that they r natural enough to use after every feeding
    chrisbabygurl

Answer by chrisbabygurl at 12:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2009