medical question

I have a job and I go to the doctor to get meds that I really need for mood and depression and I found meds that work but that are really exspensive. I do have insurence but it really doesnt help with what I really need. Is there any programs that will help you get your meds for cheaper or SOMETHING?
Thanks

misindep09

Asked by misindep09 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Health

• Stupid question but is there no generic for the pricey brand?
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:38 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well that was mean... I just thought there might be resources that maybe I didnt know about. No there is one drug that is not generic and thats what I really need. thanks anyways.
    misindep09

Answer by misindep09 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Hi, I am not sure what you are taking but you can go to my site at www.SanteeHealthPlus.com and look up the prescription. If it is cheaper you can go to my other site www.deliveringonthepromise.com/sclark..where you just need to watch the video and then decline to get the plan and we will send you out a FREE prescription Card just for looking. I can also look it up for you if need some help. Just go to my profile and you can contact me. I know how it feels when your medication is to expensive. Love to help you out.
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 11:40 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• How is your therapy going? the meds should be a tool to jumpstart the healing process, not permanently mask their symptoms

Answer by rkoloms at 11:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• You should check and see if Walmart has them on their $4 prescription plan. Also, the manufacturer might have a program to help you pay for drugs. I would find out who makes the drug and contact them through their website.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Well I was on zyprexa which works great!!! I have taken everything else and nothing worked but that. I got free samples and then wrote the script and it is almost 300 I was like whoa!!! since then I havent been back. but I really need that because it really really kept me steady. thanks for your concern and I will check onto that. I am going to get my meds somehow and that will help out a whole lot. then get some books and then go to counseling....
    misindep09

Answer by misindep09 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Yes. what state are you in? I have a couple of ideas. Plus I take a food supplement that erases the need for antidepressants - if you are interested. No liver damage.
    Trazee

Answer by Trazee at 2:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have a few suggestions:

1) Talk directly to your doctor and let him/her know about your difficulty in affording this specific medication. He/she might be able to a) Prescribe something else that is similar, but offered in a generic version, b) Give you samples straight from his/her office, or c) refer you to a special program that helps patients afford their Rxs.
    2) Call your local charities and ask around to see who helps with medications. There's bound to be at least one organization that can help you get your Rx filled. Although this may not be much of a long-term solution, it will buy you exra time to look at the other options.
    3) Contact the drug manufaturer themselves (look them up online) & see if they have a special program for those who can't afford their meds.
    4) Try ordering online.

Good luck!!
    Evansmomintexas

Answer by Evansmomintexas at 2:37 AM on Jun. 15, 2009