Stay at home mom vs. Working

Why is it when a woman is a stay at home mom and the man is the one working, the woman is supposed to do everything in the home 24/7 but when the man has the day off or what not he expects to "Relax" and do what he wants to do. Does the man not understand the being a mom is 24/7? No matter what the age but my son is soon to be a year old, and even on his fathers days off he sleeps in and I choose not to wake him cuz of his bitching lol. Or like u ask them to watch their child so u can take a shower, run to the store, or even have some much needed you time, it's like the end of the world. Am I the only one that sees this? or even has this type of problem?

Kbp1987

Asked by Kbp1987 at 11:48 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• You are not alone.
    Many people still have the thought that SAHM's sit around watching soaps and eating bon-bons all day. They forget that we are actually running a full time day care / preschool on top of all the other household things we do.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Go back to work if you don't like it.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• I have the same problem. It pisses me off to no end.
    He has gotten a little better in the last few months, mostly because I stopped giving him the choice to not help. I tell him I am going to the store and he has to watch our son and I dont give him a choice in the matter
    logansmommy711

Answer by logansmommy711 at 11:53 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• Did you all not discuss this before you had children? Or during the 9 months of your pregnancy? I would tell him exactly what you need and why, don't just complain that he will not listen to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• So... you expect him to work every day, too. After all, you expect him to take care of the kids on his day off.

Why not share? If you don't like it, why put up with it?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My neighbor is a stay at home dad so I cant comment on this...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Dh and I both work, so we both take turns being home with dd. Also, if you don't want to get up early with your kids, just put them to bed later at night, then you can sleep in. I have my dd trained during summer to sleep till 9 or 10, it is fabulous. Also, you can teach your kids to get their own breakfast and let you sleep in. Or, get up, get the breakfast, and go back to sleep.
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I would have LOVED to have been a SAHM. Instead I have to work AND do everything else. I've even had to work 2 jobs and still did all the home stuff. It makes me so mad to hear SAHM complain all the time cause they have it soooo bad. You can go at your own pace and don't have a boss. I can only imagine how nice it would be to be able to be there for my kids and hubby 24/7. It would be nice to be able to pick up the kids from school on a whim when they're not feeling well instead of having to leave work. It would be nice to plan a nice dinner that takes 2 hours to prepare instead of having to whip something up real quick just so you can finish your other chores. It would be nice to participate in school functions. To have a husband who worked hard to give me the opportunity to just be a mom and a wife. I would take pride in what you do and I envy every SAHM.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Dont get me wrong I LOVE being a SAHM. But I just am curious on if others have the same issue.
    Kbp1987

Answer by Kbp1987 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Please. It doesn't matter whether mom is SAHM or a working mom....the husband still has this idea that SHE is supposed to do everything.

I blame our mothers in law, who didn't teach them any better.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2009