i feel so alone.

so we moved to reno about 4 months ago from cali. which is an 8 hr trip. anywho's i feel alone.. i dont know anyone and its not like i havent had the chance to make friends i just dont want too make friends does that sound weird? i mean i could careless for people! but yet i feel so alone! :( i'm all depressed and shit.. i jsut wanna cry.. uhhg..
my question is how do i break myself from that?

MommaBear1129

Asked by MommaBear1129 at 11:55 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• you have to start by getting out of the house. If you believe you are clinically depressed, please please see a doctor and get help. Otherwise, you can find a church or religious group with similar values. You can see about finding playgroups in your area. Show up at the park and talk to the other moms. I am sorry you are so lonely! It can be so hard.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 11:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• well i tried the playground, and that doesnt work.. lol.. i dont know if its moms around here.. or what but i find them to be all stuck up i tried talking to them and they just kind of ignore me. lol. i was thinking of a church and its like uhhg, which one? hah, i dont know i spend ALOT.. to much time online because other than my SO i have no one else to really talk to.. sad huh? but i've pushed people away and i guess this is what i get huh? uhhg..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:59 PM on Jun. 14, 2009

• First, accept the circumstance. Second, get out and discover Reno even if you damn well hate every minute of it. Check online newpapers for places that might interest you, music venues, coffee shops, boutiques, hair salons or whatever hobby you have. If you have time, take some kind of class, art or otherwise. Walk each day. You will meet new people that will enrich your life and when you do, it'll come as a surprise. Honestly though, you need to get up and get out, don't sit around all day. Moving is always really tough. Hang in there and things will improve.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 12:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i think its the fact that i'm away from my family.. my momand dad.. i havent seen them in like four months and its getting to me this is the longest i've gone without seeing them. this is the furthest i've ever been from them i'm feeling homesick and i just want to cry!! :( i tried going out and discovering reno but alone is no fun! i work but its like uhhg.. yeah.. i dont know! i'm just so uhhg..
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Reno is a great place (it's where we are hoping to live/move within the next 5 years), we have tried several churches in the area when we're there visitng and all have been very friendly. There are lots of family activities in and around the area, check with the chamber of commerce/tourist division, also the newspaper typically has activities listed for the following/upcoming week. Going to the lake(s) are nice and you can meet people there, a lot of people go to Lake Tahoe but Pyramid lake (north of Reno) is also nice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think you've gotta just allow yourself to be homesick but when you are done, give it up and don't look back. First time from home is hard but you can always fly away for the weekend if it's desperate. This is a rights of passage and you have to endure it but it'll make you stronger in the end. Don't let the stuck up ladies bother you, just keep showing up at the park and eventually they'll open up a tad. Is there a local Community Center there?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I live in Vegas..and i feel alone all the time especially during the day when my hubby is at work. If you ever wanna talk just pm me.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 12:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Hey!!! Dont feel alone :( Let me know when you are headed to the park and I will take my son Eli!!! Iam not stuck up so you dont have to worry...of course we might not hit it off but we should at least try ...right?!? Try and take your son to the fountians over by the Nugget. Its alot of fun on a hot day and it is a good excuse to get out the house.
    MyMikaela

Answer by MyMikaela at 12:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've lived here 13 years and still don't like it here. Its very difficult to find true friends here. I'm a single mom and when I tried being friends with other single moms, they were more interested in the dating websites trying to find a father for their children. Then I tried the married ones, but they can't hang out on the weekends since they are doing "family" things. Hey, at least you have a SO. I've attended at least 10 churches here. Each one seems very nice and has very friendly people. Unfortunately, its just that. Just a hello or a "glad you are here" but nothing else. I remember at my church where I used to attend for 15 years, I would always scope out the people I didn't know and invite them for coffee or for bible study. Now you have to call and leave messages and try to locate who to talk to, just to be part of a group (at that point, you feel like you are invading as the others already know each other).
    Anonymous

• anon, see thats whats i'm scared of.. i dont want someone to go party with.. i just want someone i can hang out and have a good conversation with once in awhile.. and have a good grown up friendship but i dont know how to do t hat. i am part of that reno playdate thing but i'm scared of going to any play date because of my what if they dont like me.. or what if their asses.. or what if. . this and that/... uhhg! :(
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 15, 2009