What does this mean?

"For everything you have missed, you have gained something else, and for everything you gain, you lose something else."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hell if I know. I'm confused, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I believe it's another way of saying "choose your battles" more or less. Just my thoughts!
    CariadSpawn

Answer by CariadSpawn at 12:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• In order for you to get something in life, you have to give up something of equal value. You never completely win, nothing in life is free. In the end, you always end up paying for it in one way or another.

As an example, when we work, we are compensated with money, but we lose hours of time that could be spent on ourselves and family.(Quick ex. lol)
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 12:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• don't sweat over things you wanted because in the long run you learn that you were ok without it & learned from that gained knowlege, mauturity, & acceptance of things
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think it means that life is all about choices and paths chosen; although you may fear you will miss something if your choose a certain path...you will receive something by taking the other path and vice versa. There is no win/lose -- just different life experiences.
    AislinnAsparas

Answer by AislinnAsparas at 12:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think it's kind of like be happy where you are. Just because you may have missed something that you wanted it may have turned out better in the end and when you get greedy you might miss what's right in front of you.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:18 AM on Jun. 15, 2009