No period yet after 11 months

My son is 11 months old and I still haven't had a period since the 6-8 weeks after having him. I am nursing so that might have something to do with it. Is this normal or has any one else had this issue?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• When I nursed my DD, my period didn't come back until right before she turned a year old. It is perfectly normal when you are nursing. Usually it will come back as you start weaning your baby to solid foods.
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 12:23 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Completely normal! 13 months here.

There are some moms who don't get a period for two years. But it's also possible to get pregnant, so take care if you don't want to be!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• check out my friends site: Natural-pregnancy-mentor.com she has had 9 children. and Yes its normal while you are nursing. Its Gods way of spacing out the children. I had 5 children and I usually went from Pg to nursing to pg to nursing. I usually started at 17 mo or so. Some earlier some at 17 mo. It was a nice break from the 'hassle'. BTW I had 5 in 10 years- on purpose : )
    Trazee

Answer by Trazee at 2:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Very common. Mine returned about 15 months with both kids who nursed until 18 months and still going at 24 months with this one.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:54 PM on Jun. 15, 2009