Any advice for taking OPK's?

I've been taking ovulation predictor tests faithfully for two months and have yet to obtain a positive result. I'm certain that I ovulated last month (my period was regular) and I'm almost positive that I'm about to ovulate (egg white mucus is present), but the tests are still negative. The instructions state to *not* take the tests in the morning because urine is too concentrated then, but I'm thinking that my tests might be consistently negative because I drink a lot of water throughout the day and take the tests in the early evening. Has anyone had this experience? Is it more accurate to take these tests in the AM? Also, I've heard that the LH surge in some women lasts for <12 hours, so taking these tests once per day may not be enough (that is, I may have "surged" in the morning over the past two months, but missed detecting it both times). Thanks!

dhutc002

Asked by dhutc002 at 12:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No answers yet