What type of birth control do you use? How is it working for you?

I Have to decide on a type of birth control i have no idea what i want to try?

Asked by diablita_ky87 at 5:21 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Health

• I went through My change of life already. Nothing to worry about. ////

Answer by MomaNana2008 at 5:23 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Umm...abstinence?? LOL!!! It seems every time my husband and I 'got together' we'd end up pregnant, lol, so we never really had the luxury of trying out birth controls. But good luck finding one that works well for your body... I always wanted to try the shot that lasts 3 months or so...

Answer by Comfy at 5:32 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• my sister uses yaz and loves it. even helps with mood swings. If you do not want anymore children, tubes tied or vecitomy!

• if you are celibate then i hear the IUD works pretty well, although it leaves you open for infection so if you are sleeping around or if he brings something home with him you could get a major infection and die. That lasts for 5 years and i have heard of another contraceptive that lasts for three years, but don't know enough abot it to say.

Answer by babyloverami at 5:50 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I have had an IUD for a year now and it has been WONDERFUL! I opted for the no hormone IUD because I wasn't too keen on the hormone's side-effects. I had the Depo shot for two years and had horrible mood swings and weight gain. Every contraceptive has its upsides and many downsides but honestly the IUD was a God-send for me :)

Answer by adeuslove07 at 9:04 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I have an IUD for a year and a half now and it has been great. A little rocky at first but it all worked out. An IUD is good if you:
    1. have had a baby
    2. have one partner
    3. have not had any pelvic inflamatory
    4. plan to have more babies in the future.
    5. get checked once a year with your annual exam
    6. works for up to 5 years

The Dr. recommended me to the IUD and I really like it, its easy no worries and so far it works, it has a 98% effectiveness. Just remember all birth control has its ups and downs and every woman responds differently. Talk to your doctor to see what is best for you.

Answer by Laura4Luvs at 12:13 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• i use condoms and they work great it toke 5 years in between all of our kids i dont want to put something in my that. most of the pills make you think ur pregnant and its just really really horrible to feed ur body that

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My husband had a birth control ever!! I don't think taking hormones is healthy for your body...

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:51 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I have an IUD also for 3 years now and it has been great. I use the 5 year one and I haven't had a period. Its rare for that to happen but it does lessen the periods for most women.

Answer by demeritt-mom at 7:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I use Alesse. It seems to be doing well. No side effects.

Answer by sunshinepraying at 4:58 PM on Jul. 3, 2008