Can you stop using the hospital girdle 1 week after a c-section?

My friend just had a c-section and wants to know if she should stop using her girdle. I had a c-section last year but was never given or offered a girdle, so I didn't know what to tell her. I'm guessing it's a good idea to use until healed completely, but I don't want to give her incorrect advice. Anyone know the answer?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never used one at all.... or was even told it was a possibility. My mom used something like that after her tummy-tuck but thats the only time I've seen one used... I'm thinking it would be ok. Maybe even a good idea. She probably needs to start getting used to how its gonna feel to not have it there to support her cuz if she's like me its gonna bother her for MONTHS and I doubt she's gonna want to wear that thing through the whole summer.
    mrsbvader

Answer by mrsbvader at 9:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i used it for 4 weekswith my 2nd c section, but i didnt have one with my first c section, so im not sure...
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i never heard of one before, but i would tell her to leave it on for as long as the dr advised at the hosp. If she doesn't remember, have her call up her dr. IMO
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Those are optional as far as I know... I had a c-sec almost 4 years ago ans never had anythign like that
    edenmoseley

Answer by edenmoseley at 3:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I've had 3 c-sections and never once used a girdle... she would be fine to take it off...
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 10:20 AM on Jun. 15, 2009