how can i get both of my kids to take a nap at the same time for same amount of time

chrisbabygurl

Asked by chrisbabygurl at 12:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• You can't.
    You can put them in their beds at the same time but you can't make them sleep and if they do sleep, you can't make them wake up at the same time.

Remember, they are unique people. Some people need more sleep than others. One may need more sleep that day. You need to watch each of them seperately and make sure they don't get overtired.

Sorry.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• The best you can do is put them down at the same time. My two both go down in the neighborhood of 12:30. My oldest is 3 and he usually gets out of bed between 2:30 and 3. He doesn't always sleep though. My other is almost 2 (In August) and gets up around 3, sometimes later. She conks out though.
    JMmama

Answer by JMmama at 2:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• mine are 3 and 10 months and I keep my younger one up a little after he is really tired and could fall asleep any minute and put my daughter down at the same time even if she's not really tired. if she doesn't sleep it's a hour of "quiet" time but she usually falls asleep within a half hour.
    I couldn't start doing this until about a month ago. before that it was just impossible to get my son on a schedule.
    litlsuzzy

Answer by litlsuzzy at 8:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• A miracle.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 8:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• LMAO...let me know if you figure it out...I would love to be able to do this!!! It happened the other day out of nowhere, but it is very rare - it made such a difference to just have that hour or two to myself. Usually if I am out in the afternoon they will both fall asleep in the car...sometimes I will open the car doors and do some yard stuff, but generally when I move them at least one wakes up:(. What frustrates me the most is that if they do fall asleep at the same time my daughter (almost 3) will sleep for hours but my 11month old will just cat naps...I'm very lucky to get an hour!
    mommy2myjem

Answer by mommy2myjem at 9:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• AW, bless your heart! When and if you figure this out, write a book. You will be wealthy beyond belief.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2009