I really need some good advice, How would you deal with your Ex moving 2 houses down from where you live?

My Ex and I divorced 2 yrs ago and I am now remarried my x has decided he is gonna move 2 houses down from where we live my husband is about to hit the roof and is already causing us problems and he has not even got moved in yet when we first got together my Ex spreaded rumors about us and my husband dealt with rumors things has now settled down and he stopped but my husband is afraid he is gonna start things back up again and is saying that he's not gonna keep quiet this time and will go to his house and comfront him I told him that I didnt care what he does or what my Ex does that my main priority is my daughter and I wont allow her to be hurt or caught in the middle of things that is going on with the two of them no what that the cost, He is a very emotional person and I am more laid back and deal with things the best I can but because he is so emotional we cant have a discussion about my Ex without it becoming an arguement

countrygirl7171

Asked by countrygirl7171 at 12:38 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• id shoot myself...jk Only choice is to move or deal with it. Rent the movie Lake View Terrace and you will know what to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Is your daughter with this ex? Maybe he's moving there to be near her?
    I'd be upset about it whether it was my ex or my hubbies but the only choice you have is to move, or to set rules like "if you want to spend time with her, call and she can walk to your house and back to mine (with both parents on their lawns so they can see she makes it okay if she's old enough), you will not show up at our house for any reason etc. It's going to be very very hard on your marriage tho, you already know that.
    With your hubby present, I'd talk to the ex and set the rules and if can't follow them I'd move if I had to. I'd likely move anyway because every time you take out the trash, go for walk etc, your hubby or ex might think you're doing it for his benefit etc.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I don't see how Lake View Terrace would help with anything? Are you suggesting that she kill her ex? Because if anyone's seen that movie, you know what happens.

I don't know how to handle this, it's a very strange situation & I feel for you. Good luck.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 1:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009