• In the Spotlight:

Swimming pool? TMI

What to do? Everytime my 71/2 year old nephew comes to swim. He poops in the water. He never says anything and his parents would never admit to it even if I said something. It's him. How can I handle this without making BIL and SIL angry. As a matter of fact I am angry, my kids swim in that water. Isn't 71/2 too old for all this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I don't know what to tell you. My dd did the same thing last week. The water is supposedly supposed to relax bowels, so maybe that's what is happening with him. I know dd acted like it surprised her when she pooped. She was bawling and apologizing like crazy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• While it's possible it's a medical condition, I have to say that neither of my sons have ever done this, except my youngest when he was sick and we didn't know he was sick until he pooped in the pool. As much as it might make them angry, I think you need to tell his parents what he is doing and ask them to find out why and put a stop to it. If they refuse, then I would simply refuse to let him swim in my pool anymore. That is very unsanitary and dangerous for everyone else that swims in it, and I would be more concerned about everyone's safety than his parents feelings. Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I agree with tropicalmama.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Maybe have everyone go to the bathroom before your head out to the pool. Tell all of the kids, even yours, to go in and try to potty and poop before anyone can head outside. Maybe that will help solve the problem.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009