6 month olds..

how much does your LO weigh and height and how much do they eat for solids? and do you give any finger type foods like gerber puffs and what not

preggoinmn

Asked by preggoinmn at 1:14 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try mashed potatoes and anything gerber.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My baby actually has her six month check up tomorrow, so I do not know how much she weighs and what her height is yet. I give her rice cereal in the morning and I mix it with gerber apple juice or formula and she also I also give her the squash, carrots, bananas and green beans for her solids I give her something and wait a few days to a week to make sure she doesn't have an alergic reaction to it. I give her the gerber biter biscuits and mum mum's a rice rusk, for finger foods. She LOVES everything I have given her so far. She makes funny faces sometimes...but she is just getting use to the taste and texture. Hope this helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• ok, my son is 5 1/2 months so close enough. we were at the pedi's last week and he was 17.4 lbs and 27 inches. he's FF so he drinks 4 bottles a day, about 6-7 oz each. he eats a fruit gerber with oatmeal cereal in the am and a veggie one with rice in the afternoon, sometimes we do just one gerber. I haven't started him on anything else. as far as juice goes, he's super prone to UTIs so we do watered down cranberry (as per his dr). he hates the runny gerbers that's why I had to keep adding the cereal
    suej27

Answer by suej27 at 1:59 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my dd is a little under 15 lbs, 26 inches. She's wearing mostly 0-3 clothes still, she's skinny. She eats a 6 oz bottle and half a jar of 2nds fruit in the morning, then the rest of the fruit and half a veggie for lunch with a 4-5 oz bottle. Then a whole veggie and a 6-7 oz bottle at night......sometimes she will eat a 4 oz during the night but not always. she also has about 4-6 oz of juice thru out the day and she does eat the little cheddar puffs and the mum mums when she feels like it.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 2:12 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• wow looks like Jayden is a little piggy. He weighs 20lbs 6oz and is 27 1/2 inches long, In the am I give him a 2nd food like the cinnamon granola (his favorite for breakfast),for lunch a jar of 2nd one of his favorite turkey rice dinner and a juice, then for dinner he eats 2 jars of 2nd foods one veggie and one meat or sometimes a jar of the veggie and meat mixed and a jar of fruit. and about5 6- oz bottles a day. When we are out and about shopping i usually take the fruit puffs he loves them and they keep him content while i grocery shop or whatever. The dr has not told me he is eating too much so I guess he is fine.dh gave him cheetos one time and he was fine but i dont think he will be doing it again i had a fit lol.
    mommyto3girlies

Answer by mommyto3girlies at 3:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I have a four and half month old will be 5 on 20th. i have started feeding her rice cereal with juice or formula with it. My doctor said I didn't need to do that and to start all that stuff at 6 months. I doubt finger foods would be good for a six month old. But i have seen a grandma give a 2 1/2 month old crushed up gerber cereal puff things. It depends what your baby wants , your lo will not eat it if he/she does not want it.
    katkujawa

Answer by katkujawa at 4:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• op here- ya my 6 month old is tiny as well 14 almost 15lbs and 29 inches long but she wont touch solids yet i try she crys so just four 7oz bottles a day she eats for now
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 7:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My 6 and a half month old is 15.5 and 26 inches. He is still EBF but I am about to start him on some solids.
    Mep291

Answer by Mep291 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my son is almost 7mos old, but at his 6mo checkup he was 19 1/2 lbs and 28in..
    he eats cereal with gerber fruit in the morning and at night before his bath, he gets a jar of veggies and a bottle for lunch, fruit at about 4pm for a little snack, and whenever in b/w that if he gets hungry he gets a bottle or on occasion he gets some juice...
    he also sits at the dinner table with us and we give him bits of what we're eating...nothing significant but to get him used to eating solids too...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2009