Is it wrong of me not to go to wedding??

My brother is getting married this Saturday, just found out today. Well that doesn't bother me, however he just wants me and my kids to come and not my hubby. The other thing is that he didn't come to our wedding (hubby and mine) and I went to his first wedding, this is brother second wedding. Is it wrong of me not to go to my brother's wedding??

geistans

Asked by geistans at 1:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• If my husband wasn't invited... then I'd not go. Anywhere my hubby or children aren't welcome, then I wouldn't go.
    Now if your hubby didn't want to go but was invited, that'd be a whole other thing.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 1:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I'm going to have to say no it's not wrong of you. Your DH is part of your family, and if he's not welcome, than I wouldn't go. DH and I made it clear to our families, if one of us is going both of us are or neither of us will.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 1:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Does he not get along with your DH? I guess this is a tough call, at first I wanted to tell you to just be mature and not make a big scene about it. But now I am thinking that you should tell your brother its all or nothing.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:46 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Never do anything you don't want to do. If you don't want to go then don't go.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:47 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Definitely not wrong of you. It's wrong of your brother to say your husband isn't welcome. Whether he likes your husband or not, he's your husband.
    antkritden

Answer by antkritden at 1:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• None of my family likes my hubby, I know they really just want the kids there. My dad asked me if he could come and get his grandkids for the wedding. I told them no, and that is why I am now invited to the wedding.
    geistans

Answer by geistans at 2:01 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't go....If you can't accept your husband then they may as well not accept you..you are both a package deal and what is to say he would show up where he is not welcome....you do what is right and invite an entire household! If someone needs to be selffish enough to pick and choose then draw the line.
    They need to learn that the kids are a package deal...with both a mom and dad. Unless you are divorced, that is the way it is. Send your brother a card and wish him well.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:52 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I meant if they can't accept you husband.....sorry....multi tasking....
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• NO WAY DON'T GO IF HE WAS NOT AT YOURS ALSO IF YOUR HUSBAND IS NOT INVITED THEN ANOTHER NO WAY JUST TELL HIM YOUR BUSY THAT DAY !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• That's your brother. Why isn't your husband invited? And why didn't he go to your wedding? Was he that much against it? Is it because of your decisions that you and he don't have a good relationship? There are a lot of questions but most likely I would go. But before that i would have let my children go. My relationship with my brother should have no effect on my childrens relationship with him. Especially if it's my own fault there is a problem.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 6:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2009