tatoo ideas

i'm wanting to get a tatoo for my kids, but can't come up with something i really love. i'm not a traditionalist so the plain hearts, just won't do.

i welcome any suggestions and ideas! thanks so much!!

soccermama08

Asked by soccermama08 at 1:55 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• how about their astrological glyphs?
    nairda

Answer by nairda at 1:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• oh i forgot to add that i'm a BIG weenie! so it has to be something small!! :)
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 2:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Save your money and spend it on your kids. They really won't care if you have them tatooed on your skin. Aren't they already tatooed on your heart?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• My mom got 4 tattoos. one for each of her children. They were all something that represented the PERSONALITIES of her children. My older brothers was a dragon on top of the world. My older sisters was a heart with a rose going through it. Mine was a fairy with butterfly wings and my younger brothers was a wizzard with a staff.
    Those are all larger then waht you are probably going for (but my mom was wimpie too. the tattoo artist told her she made it sound like bad sex! lol) But you might consider this on a smaller scale.

Or, ...how old are your kids? a different woman a while back had the idea of having the childrens names tattood on herself in THEIR handwritting. (her kid was like 7 or something) I thought that was a really cute idea.
    GL
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:09 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• maybe different colored flowers for your girls and a bumblebee for each boy you have.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• i just looked at your profile and saw you have two boys so the flowers/bumblebees probably wont work since it's kinda girly.. maybe just bumblebees with their names or birthdays kind of trailing behind them as they fly.. or maybe some autumn leaves falling from a little tree, you can always add more leaves or flowers if you have more children..
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 2:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• maybe my boys won't care if i get the tattoo, but i do! it's something i've always wanted to do.

there are some reallly great ideas on here...one's i've never thought of before. thanks everyone!
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2009