Ovarian Cysts

About a year ago my doctor informed me that I had a 2.5 inch cyst on my left ovary. When he did a 2nd sonogram a month later the cyst had supposedly disappeared. Recently I have been having problems with the cyst again. It is very painful. I was just wondering, how do they remove cysts? I wish I could convince my doctor to just remove it rather than wait to see if it disappears again because I fall to my knees when it bursts. I just want to know what all it takes to have ovarian cysts removed and can ovarian cysts make it harder to conceive?

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 2:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have two kids and i have cysts i had to go on the pill then they went away for a while but then came back i had both of my kids when i had cysts ! god luck to you
    anderson_baby

Answer by anderson_baby at 2:41 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• It is a surgery,but short and sweet. they go in a tiny incision in or close to your belly button with a laproscope and laser it off. You are asleep and feel nothing. After, I won't lie can be a bit painful just from the incision site and the gas they use to 'blow' into your belly to make it easier for them to work around.and yes sometimes it can cause problems if you have mulitple cyst burst or a very large one but usually no problems other than the pain they bring in conception. I've had cyst(alot of large and small ones) since I was 15 and now 28 with 4 kids and had no probs with conception. If your not satifiesd with how your current dr is handling it, find a dr who listens and understands your wants of a baby. I know sometimes with insurance it may be hard to switch but it's worth the try. Good luck to you
    Neveah458

Answer by Neveah458 at 5:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2009