The Oh Mighty Kegel- Vaginal Prolapse?

Okay, someone needs to tell me how to do them right or something. lol I'm pretty sure I have Vaginal Prolapse, but I am uninsured therefore I can't waltz up to a doctor and ask. I feel like I cannot do Kegels right no matter what though. I try the kind where you just hold for a few seconds and release, but after like 5 of them it feels like I go num down there. It's like my muscles there are dumb. Help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Health

• A cystocele or a rectocele can often be mistaken for a vaginal prolapse. Most cases of vaginal prolapse have all 3 components. If your vaginal wall seems to fall from just under your pubic bone it is most likely your bladder. A rectocele comes from the tailbone area and causes stool to become lodged there and unable to be passed without inserting a finger into your vagina to push the stool out through the rectum. A vaginal prolapse will sometimes cause the cervix to come right to the vaginal opening. Kegel's at this point are useless, you need surgery.
    If you're uninsured, I have no recommendations if that is indeed what you have.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• First, make sure you are doing them right. A good way to tell is when you are peeing, try and stop the flow. If you are using the right muscle the pee should stop or get slower. Now,just like when you exercise any other muscle in your body, you have to work up on repetitions. So start off doing five ten times a day (maybe when you watch TV do them when a commercial comes on) then try five fifteen times a day then after a week do ten eight times a day. Just like aerobics for your vagina ! LOL! HTH.

asiamommi

Answer by asiamommi at 10:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009