Is this normal?

This is a little weird lol. Ok, my daughter is 8 months old. Lately she's been sleeping with her face like burried in her playpen and her butt sticking up in the air lol. It's really funny looking, but I worry that she's going to like suffocate or something. Is this normal? My husband says it is (his sister has 4 young kids that he was around a lot when they were babies), but I still worry.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 3:22 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd did that at about her age too. I laughed SOOO hard but if she can get up like that she's fine.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 3:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• lol, my dd does the same thing. just check to make sure no blankets are near her face, she should be fine.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 3:24 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Lol thanks ladies. I almost woke her up the other night when I saw her like that for the first time because I started laughing so hard. It just caught me off guard. Then I started worrying after the humor started to wear off lol.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:35 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my baby would still be too young to do that , but i hope she does it sounds hilarious!!!!
    katkujawa

Answer by katkujawa at 4:02 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• my lil one tried to sleep like that sometimes but i just flip her over on her back and she never wakes up
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Yes, totally normal. LOL. It's a really common way for toddlers to sleep too.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 12:48 PM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Thats is dangerious ladies. they can never wake up again she could stop breathing. I mean it does sound funny .but its not. My sister s baby slept with her butt up in the air too but her head was always over to one side.
    Anonymous

• My DD tries to do this and she's only 3 mos. It scares the crap out of me. I don't let her, I flip her to her back.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 6:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2009