How have your visible tattoos affected you in the workplace?

is it harder to get a job as a woman with tattoos? would you be less willing to hire a tattooed woman for a position? in what job settings do you feel it would not be appropriate? ie: would you trust a nurse with tattoos on her arms and hands to care for you?

rAbella

Asked by rAbella at 3:33 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• Well i worked at a Benz dealership and i couldnt have ANY tattoos showing not even a little part of it showing. So i would have to wrap my ankle up if i wore a skirt or capri's. I also have a tattoo on my back/shoulder blade, and if a little part showed i would have to cover it with a huge band aid. I hated it! thats why i have tattoo that could some what be covered or i would have a half sleeve by now :( It suck how much people jugde tattoo's....but i guess thats life
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 4:05 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't judge a person based off of it, but I know that a lot of people do.

BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:07 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I had a teacher in high school who has tattoos all down both his arms and he wore short sleeves all the time. He got them when he was younger while serving in the Navy. He was voted, by the students, best teacher for over 25 years straight. Definitely can not and should not judge someone with tattoos. He was one of the greatest people I've have ever met and the sweetest.

zianneaaliyah

Answer by zianneaaliyah at 9:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I love tattoos but it would depend on what career field and what tattoo. No, I would not want a nurse with gang, the devil or death tattoos taking care of me but if it were something not death related I wouldn't mind at all. I'm more turned off by piercings.
    t3dragonflies

Answer by t3dragonflies at 9:26 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Tattoos seem dirty. No I wouldn't want a nurse with tattoos. I also wouldn't want a financial advisor with tattoos. He or she would appear to be lacking in good long term judgment and just be the type to follow the trends. But I certainly would be more tolerant of butterflies than skulls. Think about it, would you go to a dentist who had a tongue stud? And what if that dentist had a Public Service Announcement poster in his/her waiting room about how tongue studs increase your risk of mouth diseases? Does you doctor smoke? Yuck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2009