SO WHY GAY PRIDE DAY ?

OK WHERE I LIVE THEY HAD GAY PRIDE DAYOUT HERE IN PORTLAND ,OR NOT SURE IF IT WAS NATION WIDE ? WELL WHY IS THERE A GAY PRIDE DAY WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL I THINK IT'S CRAZY DO US STRAIGHT PEOPLE HAVE "STRAIGHT PRIDE DAY" I'M NOT TRYING TO BASH I JUST DON'T UNDER STAND WHY GAY PEOPLE HAVE THE NEED TO SHOW OUT US STRAIGHT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE A SYMBOL OR A DAY OR WEAR A SHIRT TO SAY WE ARE "STRAIGHT ' WHAT IS THE BIG DEAL ???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:54 AM on Jun. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Its because they've always been hated against. Its exactly questions like this that makes gays feel the need to have a gay pride day - when you hear of teenagers being tied to a fence and beaten for being straight, then you can say that straights are hated. But that isn't what happens - its hate crimes against gays. They feel the need to be proud of who they are, despite what Joe Podunk thinks because its different than what he chooses to do. IMO, its essentially giving a big flip off to the homophobes who hate against them. If they feel proud for who they are, what difference is it to anyone else?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:13 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• OH I AM SORRY, I POSTED THIS POT THINKING I WAS MAKING SOME SORT OF POINT. I AM JUST CONFUSED BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND WHY I CAN NOT HAVE THE SAME STUFF AS EVERYONE ELSE. HONESTLY, MY NEIGHBORS JUST BOUGHT A NEW FLAT SCREEN TV AND I WATCHED THEM TAKE IT IN THIER HOUSE. THEN I CALLED MY LOCAL NEWSPAPER AND ASKED THEM TO WRITE AN ARTICLE ABOUT HOW UNFAIR IT IS THAT MY NEIGHBORS GET A NEW TV BUT I CAN NOT AFFORD ONE. I TOLD THEM IF I CAN NOT HAVE ONE, NO ONE SHOULD. I DID THE SAME THING WHEN SANTA BROUGHT MY SON A NEW TRICYCLE FOR CHRISTMAS AS WELL. SIGH. GUESS I JUST NEED TO MOVE ON, GAY PEOPLE ARE NO DIFFERENT THEN ME ANYWAYS. I AM JUST NARROWMINDED I GUESS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• Seriously? You may want to consider counseling. Regardless of how you feel you 'deserve' something, it doesn't mean you're targeted and hated. Get a grip, move on... learn to deal with life as it comes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• WOW. Is all I have to say about that.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 4:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I am not gay but intend to honor gay pride day. Simply supporting my friends and letting them know they are wonderful just being who they are. And of course walking in our PRIDE march in my town is another great way to support and provide awareness. I will be smiling and singing, "I'm Coming Out, I want the world to know, I'm going to let it show....I'm Coming Out!" And lots of people have special days - Mother's Day, Father's Day, Flag Day (not even a person), Dia Del Muerte (day of the dead, dead people even have a day)....so sure I'm going to have some fun and celebrate.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 6:40 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• personaly i am strait but i dont care about who sleeps with or marrys who as long as its not forced on me however i do love gay pride events simply because i like rainbows i know thats silly but its true
    jajamama

Answer by jajamama at 7:21 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I guess I don't see any difference between that and some other group of people celebrating something that unites them...the Knights of Columbus hold a celebratory day in our town, but I can't say I've ever viewed that as the KofC shoving it in my face that I'm not a member.
    MammaMiaMA

Answer by MammaMiaMA at 7:27 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• WTF! To this whole post and the replies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:43 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• I think the OP is being sarcastic. Not serious. Anyway, it seems sarcastic and satirical to me. (Look those words up if you have a dictionary ) Maybe ths is too deep for some. Anyway,I think Gay Pride parades are more drama and attention-seeking behavior. Its part of the whole persona....you know, the drama of it all. Many show biz people are Gay. Drama. Why don't we all just accept everyone without the labels and the categories,etc. There are more important issues in life,IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jun. 15, 2009

• straight pride day is everyday when straight people get married w/ no damn problems facing them! damn
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Jun. 15, 2009